CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Do you ever wish you were more of a Computer Geek?

Because of budgetary constraints here recently at the City, I was moved from my computer job at the BG Police Department to a job with the Information Technology staff that supports all the city departments. This is a huge change for me. I designed databases, generate statitics, ran reports and supported users at the police department. Now, I do all kinds of computer work like replacing hard drives, printers, replacing print servers, create e-mail accounts, etc. plus I still do database work for Police.

I say all that because I wasn't a computer geek. Before I moved jobs, I really never saw the inside of the computer and I had only a general knowledge about how everything worked. Well, now I wish I was one of those techno geeks that just loves this stuff. So, I've been thrust into a world were I am learning so many new things. I don't think I'll ever earn geek status. I'd rather be a good mom, that knows a little about computers. I'm sure most mommies have the same dilemmas....

3 comments:

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lesley said...

I am the TRUE geek!!! I just posted you a comment under Carol's name and then had to delete it after I realized what I did! I've been trying to load two photos to her blog for her for the last hour and I'm having no luck. Apparently, I was still signed in under her name. I did the same thing on your blog yesterday except using Eric's gmail account! So see - who is the geek now?!!

Staffanne said...

Same dilemma here! Know nothing about the components that make the computer work! So glad I found your blog! My Hallie loves your sweet Olivia.