Has anyone else attended the fair this year? I might say that it gives me a little bit of the creeps. I must also add that I haven't been to the Edmonson Co. Fair in years. Last year was the first year my kids went to the fair. They went on Fair Day and they went with their grandparents. I have figured out 2 things.
1) I am incapable of riding fair rides anymore (I think I received a mild case of whiplash) and
2) Most the teenagers I saw at the fair scared me to death (tatooes and body piercings, yikes!)
As a christian mother, I think there are so many things now that I see that really freak me out, things I really want my kids to stay away from. It's unreal. I suppose during my generation, there were punk rockers and heavy metal bands that scared parents to death. I guess there will always be something. What's wrong with normal? That's one of my top 10 goals in life.
I guess I will stay with school fair day, it seems like a more kinder, gentler time at the fair....
3 comments:
I am sooo with you. I can think of at least a thousand other ways I'd like to waste $50 on a give night. And for the record, I was at the mall the other night on a Friday night and I swear I saw all the same stuff there!
Thanks though, for reminding what I have to dread. We have promised the boys tonight or tomorrow night we'll go : )
Oops!! Eric has a google account and I was signed in under his name! It's really me!! : )
I am purposefully not taking the kids towards Brownsville this week, I keep hoping they will forget about it.(I know wishful thinking!). Macy informed me on Friday that 100 kids in her kindergarten class were going to the fair on Friday night and she was the only one who didn't get to go.....to which I responded "yes that's right:)"
Post a Comment