CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 9, 2010

Happy 6th Birthday Olivia!!

Well, Olivia turned 6 on August 5th.  I thought back on that day so long ago and just smiled.  I remember the first thing I said to Brian when she was born was "is she okay?".  I didn't have as many ultrasounds with her as I did Dalton, so the first thing that ran into my mind is "does she have all her fingers and toes, etc."  I will always remember that comment.  You never stop worrying as a parent, about what kind of person they will be, how they will do in school, if they know how much you love them even if you have to discipline them.  I know that I will still worry about her, just like that first day, but I know that she is growing up in a good church, has a family that loves her with all their heart, some really good friends and a big brother that you can tell adores her, but doesn't like to admit it.  I love you Olivia and hope you had a great Birthday! 

Olivia invited two friends to her birthday party and to spend the night.  This was Olivia's first sleepover (and mine too as a Mommy), so I thought we would start off small.  Birthdays have always just been family, literally, so I thought this year we would try something different.  Olivia had a blast playing with her friends and spending time with her family.  So many cool gifts, too.  I miss being a kid. 

Enjoy the pics!  As you can see in some of them, Dalton crashed the all girl party a few times, but the girls didn't seem to mind too bad!















 

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love her cake! You are exactly right about the worrying....I can keep coming up with things to worry about, I guess it never stops!Happy Birthday Olivia:)

Melissa said...

Looks like Olivia had a great 6th birthday!!

The Alexander Family of 4! said...

Happy belated birthday Olivia! Looks like she had a great night with family and friends!

Carol said...

Happy Birthday Olivia! I know one little boy that thinks she's pretty special! :-) Evan told me when he woke up last Thursday that it was Olivia's birthday! I'm so glad they get to grow up together!

DeAnna said...

She is such a cute little girl! Looks like she had a great birthday.

Leah @ A Butterfly In My Stomach said...

Looks like a fun time! Happy belated birthday to Olivia!