CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 23, 2010

Even Braver Little Girl Story

Well, I have a follow-up story from Olivia's ear piercing that most definitely rivals the first.  I noticed soon after we took the picture I put on the blog that one of the earrings was higher than the other.  Well, I told the lady at Claire's about it and she said that unless you really stare at her you couldn't tell it, but if I wanted it repierced that I needed to take that earring out, give it 24 hours and come back and they would do it.  Everytime I looked at her, I noticed it, it drove me crazy.  We happen to be in BG on Saturday and Olivia agreed to let the lady take the earring out and go back and have it repierced on Sunday (it took a long while to convince her this was the best thing and I had to promise her just about anything to get it done).   The only thing she wanted was for me to hold her hand when they did it.  I could tell she was nervous, but she was a trooper and sat up in the chair and had it done.  I never thought one little trip to Claire's would turn such a crazy ordeal....  I think she will thank me in years to come when her earrings are perfectly straight.  I'm sure she forgot about all the stress of the weekend as soon as she showed the girls at school this morning.... 

3 comments:

Staffanne said...

Love her heart, and yes she will love you for it in years to come. She is too cute, and you are a GrEaT momma!

Stephanie said...

I can't imagine the bribery to get her to go back a second time....even if she will thank you for it many times over. She is so brave!

Leah @ A Butterfly In My Stomach said...

Wow...very brave...the next time I need to do something really hard, I am going to need you to talk me into it! HA!