CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

I'm Thankful

Twelve years ago today I was so scared at starting this incredible journey in my life.  Being married has been incredible.  I have two healthy children and a wonderful husband, a good job and a church family that is always there for me.  I know that I'm truly blessed and I thank God for that.  He's the only one that I can thank.  I know that my life is good because of him.  I was feeling all bad because I had to leave today to go to Nashville for a training class that starts tomorrow morning, but I decided that I shouldn't dwell on having to leave.  I should focus on the fact that I have a family that loves me and I love them and this sadness is because I don't want to miss a minute in my family's life;  I want to be at the heart of it.  So, I'm thankful to be a mommy and a wife and I feel there are a lot of mothers out there that feel the same way.  The more years that go by, the more I appreciate all the things my mother did for me.  One of the most important things she did for me was making sure I knew the Lord and leading me down a path toward salvation.  So, I'm thankful for so many things today.  Happy Mother's Day.   

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Such sweet thoughts. I didn't know you were going to have to be out of town. I'll be sure to give sweet Olivia extra hugs!

Staffanne said...

Beautiful post! I feel the same way about my mother too! Glad you had a GREAT day!