Well, it's been a while since my last post. Christmas was great, ate way too much, got so many gifts and everything was loads of fun. Had a great New Years spent with my friends at my house with lots of food and lots of "Catch Phrase" . I love that game. Let's see, Valentines was nice, also my husbands birthday, so he got a Blue Ray Player and I got a dozen red roses. Took pictures of the beautiful flowers, but hence my camera is at home with all my pictures.
That takes me down to today. Well, I live 30 minutes away from work and when I got to work I discoverd that I left my purse at home. That's a terrible feeling, no credit cards, no license and not a bit of money to my name. It was such a disturbing feeling. I admit I could have drove back home, but I thought of the gas it takes to go 30 miles in my big SUV and decided to suffer. I did however find a blank check in my desk drawer, I was saved. I took it over to my local bank and they gave me cash (like when you needed cash before we had ATMs I suppose)!! Yeah!! I thought I was going to have to face the Lean Cuisine meal that has been in the work freezer for a month..... So, please don't be caught in this situation I'm in. Really it's no big deal, but not a great feeling.
So, ever have one of those days?
Friday, February 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I had one of those day....Drag (and I mean drag) 3 kids out the door so we won't be late for the last doctors appt of the day....drive like a mad woman to make it on time (did I mention gas light on since I left home)...get kids out of car and realize I have no purse!!!! I also have a screaming baby with an ear infection...but I do have my cell phone!!! I beg them to see me and promise I'll be back in the morning to pay my copay and then call my dear sweet friend who sends her husband over with $20 so I can get the medicine and enough gas to make it home! Thank goodness for cell phones....or a blank check in your case:)
Oh yes I've been there. Mine story is Wal-Mart. Cart full of groceries, check out and realize I had no wallet but just my check book. So okay right? Well you know how SOMETIMES they want to see your ID and sometimes not? Of course they wanted to see mine and wouldn't take the check w/out it :) Add to this, a parent of a student in my room was in line behind me and offered to pay for me! Luckily, I had seen my aunt and uncle in there earlier and so I called them and he came up and paid it for me!
Glad to see you blog again! Don't wait so long and be sure to include pictures.
I have had one of those days too! I will have a cart full and no debit and no checks. I go back, put all my purchases back up, and leave! Very fun! Last night I was at target, and I was spending more than I had cash...so I had to call John (in the van with kids) in so we can use the debit card! Target didn't know what hit it! HA!
Post a Comment