CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 16, 2009

Deck the Halls

It's been such a busy weekend. Olivia and I went shopping on Saturday for holiday outfits for her and Dalton, it crazy trying to match a girl and boy. I decided to dabble in the brown family instead of the traditional black and red or burgandy. I found Dalton a pant/shirt/vest/tie in browns and creams and I found Olivia a dress that is brown velvet at the top, a turquoise bow in the middle and big dots at the bottom in turquoise and hot pink. It looks adorable. It's not the traditional Christmas colors, but Olivia picked out the dress, so we went with it as inspiration. We'll see how it works. Bonus, they can wear the outfits after Christmas, too.



After church on Sunday, Olivia kept asking me when we were going to put up the Christmas tree. I told her after Thanksgiving... Well, Brian forgot to tell me that he promised Olivia that we would put up all the Christmas decorations this weekend. I'm a softy, I had to help Brian make good on his promise, so we flew in decorating the whole house. It was fun and I'm sure glad it's done, but wow, what a shock to find out it's was already time. I feel like I'm so ahead of the game this year, I'm motivated to finish my Christmas shopping and get everything done. Good to know some people had the same idea this weekend.

Well, there is one added bonus, I have to squeeze in a birthday party before Christmas, Dalton will be 7 on December 13th. More busy weekends to come!!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love your tree--I LOVE colored lights:) I'm trying not to get stressed that my girls don't have Christmas outfits yet and I haven't bought the 1st gift!

Leah @ A Butterfly In My Stomach said...

Very nice April....I can't get our tree up until after Thanksgiving....John is not a "tree" fan! Can't wait to see the kids in their outfits....

Carol said...

We decorated Sunday too. I'm so glad to have it done. Now on to the shopping.

Lesley said...

I can't believe Olivia forgot to tell me you have the tree up! I love it: )

How stressful are Christmas clothes!? There's clothes to wear for pictures, clothes to wear to events and of course the annual Christmas p.j.'s. And I'm like you, matching the outfits is ALWAYS a challenge! Can't wait to to see the browns you went with!